Monday, April 13, 2009

hope, faith and belonging


i'm not a religious person... but i believe in faith.

for me, its a feeling somewhere between my heart and my stomach - where everything i think and feel collides into a ball of emotion. its conviction and confusion and total compulsion; to change, to help, to do, to love, to be, to live and to belong to something.
to be a part of something, and make a difference.
it makes me want to cry and it makes me smile.....
and it scares me,because it makes me want to be a better person, and i worry that i wont get there.

when i read jamies writing it somehow hits me hard,
i dont know if its the words he uses, something in his messages, or the way we are wired,
but in those moments, i feel as though he wrote those words to me only.

he is talented and open and i dont know how he does it.
but he is amazing.

i met jamie at Soundwave in 2008, by mistake.
i walked up the TWLOHA stand as they were packing up (i didnt even know they would be there..) and i recognised him from pictures.
i said to him.. "youre jamie tworkowski.."
i told him that he was an inspiration, and to keep going on his mission.
he thanked me and was very humble, as though he has no idea of how great he is.
we took a photo, and that was it and i wished later that if i were going to meet him, that it could be somewhere quiet and alone, so i could borrow some more of his wisdom.
i hope i will get another chance...


my faith is not religion.
it is a song played over and over,
words written by a stranger that cut through.

its the most powerful thing i know, and it will somehow pull this world together,
in the hands of the broken and brave.

im going to borrow the words from TWLOHA, because they sound over and over in my head:
"..we were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home..."



write love into your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment